- Best thing is to pot roast a whole chicken in a tight fitting pot with a good tight lid about half filled with chicken stock or water and a bouquet garni and a little bit of salt and pepper for about an hour and a half.
- Remove the chicken and take all the flesh from the carcass discarding the skin and bones.
- Keep whats left of the cooking liquid (should be loads).
- Cut or tear the chicken meat into bite size pieces.
- Thicken the cooking liquid with a little bit of roux and adjust seasoning (half flour half butter cooked together for 2 minutes) and set aside.
- Enrich with a good dollop of cream.
- Slice one medium leek into half inch rings and soften in butter and add to thickened cooking liquid along with the chicken.
- Pour contents into a pie dish and cover contents with fluffy mashed spud.
- Bake in the oven until pipping hot and golden on top.