This soup is a firm favorite of Cully's daughter Aoibheann. She loves nothing more than coming in from the park and having a warming bowl of Chicken soup.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan with a tight fitting lid.
- Sweat the onions, celery and leek until soft but not coloured.
- Add potato and carrot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sweat for another five minutes or so, until the vegetable are beginning to soften, add the stock and simmer until veg are cooked through.
- Liquidise the soup, add the cream and chicken and then liquidise again, but not too much as it will make it go grainy.
- Pop back on the stove and heat through.
- Serve it with a blob of cream and some fresh chopped herbs or maybe a few croutons.