- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the onion, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne and cover. Sweat until soft but not coloured
- Add the potato and carrots and sweat, covered, for a couple more minutes
- Add the stock and simmer until the potato and carrot are tender - approx. 15-20mins
- Remove from heat and with a stick blender give the soup a few pulses to break up the vegetables a bit but do not blend smooth
- Put the pot back on a low heat and add the smoked haddock and smoked salmon and simmer for 4-5mins
- Add the cream, lemon juice and parsley and season to taste
- Serve with some fresh crusty bread. Mmmmmmm!