Week 2 Challenge: Who’s Your Inspiration?
Meet local business owners, get tips, upload a slideshow or flipbook (entry deadline 26th April)
Welcome to the second challenge of GROW2CEO. You've all been sending us wonderful punny songs and photos of your sprouting rocket seeds and we're very impressed so keep up the great work.
We've picked some of our favourite posts and videos below and of course, we have our first spot prize winner. Keep reading to see if you made the cut!
This week's challenge is all about the food industry in your area and how that might influence your product/recipe. We would like you to go out and meet local food producers, restauranteurs, and food shops.
Here are a few pointers for Challenge Two:
- Have a look online or make a list of your favorite restaurants, food producers, market stalls etc
- Make a plan to go visit the places on your list. Talk to the business owner, a chef, a stall owner, a producer or even some of the customers. Ask them about what goes into being a food entrepreneur, what advice they would give you starting out, are there any local ingredients that you could utilise in your soup?
- Bring along your rocket recipe if you have it, ask them what they think, you could even give them a taste if you have a sample!
- Take lots of photos, maybe some videos, and put it all together in a slideshow or flipbook, or a video. Include everything you've learned. Click here to see last year's winners out and about in their local community.
- Upload your video/slideshow/flipbook to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #GROW2CEO and tag @GIYIreland and @CullyandSully. If you have any issues uploading you can email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our favourite pictures will be reposted every day on @CullyandSully's Instagram stories
Thanks for all the great updates!
Our Favourite Videos this week!
And the winner of Challenge One is:
There are 3 ways to update us:
If your class is taking part in Grow 2 CEO or even if you grow at school in another way then you can become part of the GIY family.
There are GIY groups of all shapes and sizes all over the world and by registering your food growing group HERE you are becoming part of that global movement of food growers.
By registering with us then you will automatically get regular updates from GIY and access to lots of growing resources and support for your project. We can connect you to other projects locally and honestly- we might even come and visit ourselves!